Video: Salesforce vs SugarCRM
Last updated: October 05, 2018
Most-popular CRM. Easy collaboration. Proven cloud platform. Salesforce.com offers everything you need to transform your business into a Social Enterprise, so you can connect to customers and employees like never before. With no software or hardware to install, you're up and running—and seeing a positive impact on your business—quickly. Free Salesforce alternatives for small business are: Zoho CRM, Bitrix24, CapsuleCRM, Insightly, FreeCRM. If you are looking for open-source self-hosted Salesforce alternatives pay attention to SugarCRM, SuiteCRM, vtiger.
SugarCRM is an alternative CRM system that is available in both open source and Commercial open source applications. Sugar's functionality includes sales-force automation, marketing campaigns, customer support, collaboration, Mobile CRM, Social CRM and reporting.
Face to face in the news:
2012 - Mark Benioff about Salesforce's new services, Google, Yammer and ropejumping to keep up with SugarCRM
Michael Arrington interviewed the Salesforce CEO, Marc Benioff, at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference. Here is the list of 10 most interesting quotes and news:
1. "Everybody says that PC is dead but all I see is laptops"
2. Salesforce will earn more than $3 billion this year
3. The next week Salesforce will launch its own "Dropbox for Enterprise" called ChatterBox and another collaboration service Work.com
4. "We're not going to kill Box.net. Our industry is not about The Hunger Games"
5. "Google has just chosen Do.com for all of its developers"
6. "Google squandered its Enterprise opportunity. They have great products but they have problems with distribution. Because Sergey and Larry are interested in other things."
7. Facebook - is one of the largest Salesforce customers
8. "Yammer should not have sold to Microsoft. You have so much more opportunities when you are independent." And then: "Salesforce has already bought 25 companies"
9. Benioff uses to spend his vacation in Hawaii where his "friend" Larry Ellison bought the island. When asked whether it makes his vacations awkward, Mark said: "As long as Larry is not on the island I’m on, that’s OK with me"
10. "I jumped off a 60 foot bridge in a wetsuit into a raging river below"
2009 - SugarCRM follows Salesforce strategy
SugarCRM, an open-source Salesforce alternative, is trying to keep up with its rival. The newest version SugarCRM 5.5 is focused on the same areas as latest Salesforce versions: platform, social tools and mobile access. Of course, the most significant upgrade is the new integration platform Sugar Cloud Connectors, that allows to link SugarCRM to third-party business applications using Web services. As an example, the company introduced the LinkedIn connector, that allows to display LinkedIn-profile data on contact page inside SugarCRM. The new activity streams module Social Feeds is very similar to the recently unveiled Salesforce Chatter. In addition to short message exchange and status updates, it allows you to receive notifications about various actions in the system, such as invoice creation or customer data change.
To optimize mobile access to the system, SugarCRM developers have created the mobile interface editor Mobile Studio. The editor contains several templates and themes for the mobile client, but user can customize these patterns and display information and controls in the most convenient way on the screen of mobile device.
In addition, the new version allows to insert widgets (Sugar Dashlets) to the dashboard. These dashlets may contain information from external sources or from SugarCRM database.